Brandon Family Law Center, LLC
813-438-7119 Local
800-769-0129 Toll Free
Contact Us for a Consultation

Usher's child custody saga continues

Determining child custody can be one of the most difficult issues for parents to settle when they split up. When parents are locked in a dispute over custody, it's typically the case that they both care about their kids and want to do what's best, but they cannot come to terms with each other.

Since 2009, hip-hop artist Usher and his ex-wife Tameka Foster have been sparring over the custody of their two children. At this time, Usher maintains primary custody of both children, which has been a point of contention with his ex-wife. After one of the boys was nearly injured in a swimming pool accident, Foster tried to obtain custody. Her request was denied.

In the most recent development, Foster has accused her ex-husband of failing to uphold his end of a parenting plan. Reports say that she has been left out of important parenting decisions and Usher missed a mandatory co-parenting class. Now, Foster wants a family law court to reprimand the singer.

Even though a parent might have good intentions, it's important to remember that the needs of children should be put first. Parents can try to set aside their differences and reach an out-of-court child custody arrangement. If this isn't possible, the dispute is likely to be decided by a family law judge. Of course, settling outside of court may be the best way to come to a consensus that is satisfactory for both parents.

Parents who have questions about custody arrangements -- or any other family law issue -- may wish to work with an attorney. Making sure that the best custody and parenting agreement is in place can go a long way in helping to raise happy, healthy children.

Source: New York Daily News, "Usher facing court battle with ex-wife Tameka over ditching co-parenting classes: report," Chiderah Monde, Oct. 7, 2013

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Brandon Family Law Center, LLC

813-438-7119 or 800-769-0129 Contact Us for a Consultation