Brandon Family Law Center, LLC
Call for help

Pro football player pays child support debt after traffic stop

Raising a child is a big responsibility. At times, single parents may feel overwhelmed by this duty. Even though one of a child's parents might not maintain physical custody, the non-custodial parent can still help take care for a child by maintaining support payments. Regardless of whether or not the two parents are married, a child support order may be put in place by a Florida court to help their child thrive.

According to a recent report, professional football player Will Hill was involved in a traffic stop when another man was driving his vehicle. Cops found evidence of marijuana use in the car. Authorities also discovered that Hill owed more than $9,100 in unpaid child support, so they arrested him on an outstanding warrant.

When Hill was brought to the police station, he was required to pay the child support debt. After the player made the payment, he was released. Reports didn't indicate whether or not Hill will face additional consequences from law enforcement or the National Football League for the child support violation or evidence of drug use.

Child support agreements are based on the needs of the child in question and his or her parents' income. Reports indicate that hill earned about $480,000 over the past year, which likely factors into his current arrangement.

As this case shows, failure to pay child support can have serious consequences. Not only can the paying parent face legal penalties, but it can also be detrimental to the child who is supposed to benefit from the monthly payment. Parents should know that there might be legal options available when payments are missed.

Source: New Jersey Journal, "Police: Giant safety Will Hill owed $9,100 in child support during arrest," Ron Seitlinger, Jan. 2, 2014 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact Us For A Consultation

No matter what's your family's need, Brandon Family Law Center has the knowledge and experience to help you. To schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case with the experienced and caring divorce and family lawyers at Brandon Family Law Center, email or call us at 813-438-7119.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location:

Brandon Family Law Center, LLC

Brandon Office
1038 E. Brandon Blvd.
Brandon, FL 33511

Phone: 813-438-7119
Fax: 813-654-6830
Brandon Law Office Map

Tampa Office
601 N. Ashley Dr.
Suite 1100
Tampa, FL 36602

Map & Directions

Proudly associated with

  • Florida Adoption Council
  • IACP | International Academy Of Collaborative Professionals
  • BNI
  • The Greater Riverview Chamber of Commerce